9.24.2014

Hillary Thomas' Showhouse Sunroom

 
HIllary Thomas' Napa Valley Showhouse Sunroom, via Traditional HomeTraditional Home and Ms Thomas.
These pictures are from Hillary Thomas' Napa Valley Showhouse Sunroom that were published in October 2014 Traditional Home….I like the room, but especially love the wallpaper -- which is Meg Braff Designs "Ferns."  I have seen this print in Sunrooms and Powder rooms, but think it would nice in a bedroom as well.  While the whole room is great, my loves in Hillary Thomas' room are those knock out vintage rattan chairs, the mirror and the wallpaper. 


 I am also really liking that mirror  that walks the line between casual and glam.  You could dress up that mirror, it is brass, but it looks right at home in that sun room.  Also really like how she layered it up with the two rugs -- Moroccan wool over sisal.


Can we talk greenery for a moment?   I really like succulents and that the flowers were not overdone…I think flowers in decorating have the best impact where they are low key and look like they came either  from your yard or that you just picked them up from the market.  Succulents are so under used and they are crazy low maintenance. Despite my black thumb I can manage to keep them alive for quite some time.  Regarding the fiddle leaf tree... I confess, although fiddle leaf are ubiquitous, I still adore them.


It's great when the designers include the before pictures so you can really see the transformation of the space.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment