9.15.2014

Before and After Bungalow Living Room

  A little paint goes a long way…This 1939 Bungalow was dark and dreary.   Too much wood, a drab and uninspired monochromatic color scheme and not enough upholstery made this room cold and uninviting.  But with a little Benjamin Moore paint (Horizon 1478), some new Brunschwig fabric and a few other tweaks; presto --  a new room (well almost).


I am a big fan of skirted upholstered pieces like the settee above, it helps ground the room in tandem with a floor covering.  Bruschwig Shishi (below) was my inspiration for the room and the jumping off point: I love green and blue and I have to restrain myself from using too much of it. 




3 comments:

  1. Amal,
    Fantastic job!
    You are so talented and bright!
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the sneak peek on your Instagram feed. Love the simplicity and the color palette! Great work!

    ReplyDelete