1.02.2013

New Obsession: Rattan Barrel Chair

Okay, this week I am obsessing about these wicker/bamboo/rattan barrel chairs as seen in this room below by Mary McDonald.  The photos that follow are from Circa Who in West Palm Beach -- that cool mid-century shop that specializes in all that Hollywood Regency - Asian - Palm Beach vintage furnishings that I so crave.  I wish I could head down there right now and escape this horrid cold weather. I couldn't imagine a more enjoyable month  than antiquing and hunting for the goods in Florida. 
Mary McDonald





   

10 comments:

  1. I have a chair in that style with a broken seat! I think I may end up replacing the seat with an upholstered cushion. Happy New Year!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. I am jealous. I have been on the hunt for one! . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amal, these are on CL all the time. You will need to drive for them, but I usually see them every other month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these chairs! I picked up a bamboo chippendale chair at the Habitat for Humanity Restore for $15 and need to paint it.
    Hope you find some you love and can take home!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are long lost twins! I discovered your blog thru My Crafty Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life blog and your last 3 posts-etagere, barrel chairs and those fab rugs are all things I adore and actually have been looking for. A rug for my family room, shelves for my upstairs hallway and those chairs for my family room! I love your style and can't wait to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found a pair last fall at local goodwill for $40. Needed some tlc. Can't decide to paint or stain.

    ReplyDelete