1.18.2012

Well, hello there...



I started this blog as a place to share my latest design fancies and to muse about art and beautiful interiors.  My design aesthetic is somewhat eclectic -- it has classical roots with a modern flair. I love mixing comfort and beauty; the ideal space to me is inviting, cheerful, layered and embodies a relaxed, unpretentious elegance. 
I have always had a love of fine art and painting – a gift from my talented artist mother, Lucelle Raad  http://www.thewonderofchildren.com/.  My childhood was filled the comings and goings of a bohemian artist  --- I grew up running around art shows and helping with the family art business.  Although art was in my blood, I ended up going to law school and  and practiced transactional law until the birth of my first boy (I have two).  Life as a Bartleby the Scrivener type did not suit me -- I was drawn to art and design and a natural people person.  Following some soul searching, I decided to succumb to my addiction to beautiful interiors, forgo law, and return to school to study interior design. 
Since 2012, I have had the good fortune of working at the right hand of one of my favorite decorators, the lovely and talented
Meg Braff.  Whilst with Meg, I have had my hand in every aspect of her design business, from residential design projects to a myriad of business issues --- and I have loved every moment.  


My wonderful husband, two boys and I live in the Huntington, NY area, in a cottage overlooking a lovely little harbor.  In addition to interior design, I love getting my hands dirty in the garden, being on the water and cooking.  A  favorite haunt is a fabric showroom or an art show, and I can barely refrain from passing an antique shop without going in. Whenever I enter a friend's house, I start mentally rearranging the furniture (after a few drinks at a party, this sometimes makes it into reality!).

Thanks so much for stopping by to read more about me.  I hope that you enjoy the topics and pictures, and would love to hear your thoughts and comments, so please share. 

If you would like to get in touch or have a question, feel free to email me at sybariticspaces@gmail.com. 

Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete